KSU Student Organizations
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Our chapter strives to provide our members with useful, timely information and opportunities to plan and lead volunteer activities, to form relationships with professors, medical students and other premedical students, to learn about the dynamic health-care environment, and to have meaningful and rewarding experiences during their premedical years at KSU.
- Campus Advisor: Army Lester
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- The ACM student chapter at the Department of Computer Science (CS) is a national organization at Kennesaw State University (KSU). We encourage all who are interested in computers, especially CS majors to join our club. The purpose of the KSU ACM is to connect CS students with peers, faculty, staff, and industry, and to provide students with the resources and skills they need for success. The ACM Student Chapter is a gateway for students to make a difference in the department and encourages a positive, collaborative environment within the CS community that includes advancing awareness about information technology.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Sarah M. North
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta)
- Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) is an honor and professional society for students of the biological sciences.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Jerald Hendrix
- Kennesaw State Pre-Dental Association
- Provide members the opportunities to co mingle with Dental professionals through meetings and find out more about our field so as to give our members a true sense of what this career path holds for them. To guide all of our members through the application and DAT testing process effectively. To help find volunteer and shadowing opportunities for the members to attend together throughout the year.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Melanie Griffin
- Kennesaw Women in Mathematics (KWIM)
- The purpose of our organization is to promote mathematics at KSU, make students aware of research and scholarship opportunities, encourage students to become more involved in activities provided by the mathematics department, inspire the female students in mathematics department, provide members the opportunities to meet mathematical professionals through lectures, meetings and/or discussions and create a support network to all of the members of the organization.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Yuliya Babenko
- KSU National Science Teachers Association Student Chapter (Kennesaw NSTA)
- The purpose of Kennesaw NSTA is to uphold the mission of NSTA of "promoting excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning for all, "to acquaint preservice teachers of science with the support resources available from NSTA, to provide additional professional development in science education to preservice teachers, and to acquaint preservice teachers of science with others like themselves at their university or college and across the United States and Canada.
- Campus Advisor: TBD
- Premedtors (PMT)
- Pre-Professional Community Tutoring and Mentoring Organization
- Our purpose is to provide pre-professional students the avenue to use their aptitude for math and science to make an impact in their community. We provide a free tutoring service to middle and high school students lead by some of Kennesaw State's best and brightest.
- Campus Advisor: TBD
- KSU STEM
- The KSU STEM Scholars program is designed specifically to reinforce and enhance undergraduates pursuing a STEM major by exposing them to a rich curriculum and laboratory exercises in the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and math). In the process, STEM Scholars purport to increase the retention rate of undergraduates pursuing a STEM major while providing a nurturing environment for personal and academic development. KSU STEM Scholars program is composed of academic enrichment, research, and community outreach. STEM Scholars are given various opportunities to enhance their leadership, confidence, professional, and teaching skills in the process.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Army Lester
- National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE)
- The primary purpose of the National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE) is to initiate and support local, regional, national, and global programs that assist people of color in fully realizing their potential in academic, professional, and entrepreneurial pursuits in chemistry, chemical engineering, and related fields.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Huggins Msimanga
- Phi Lambda Upsilon (PLU)
- Kennesaw State Pre-Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA)
- To inform students of the opportunities in veterinary science. To educate students who are interested animals.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Scott Reese
- Sigma Alpha Kappa Statistics Club (SAK)
- To help students learn to apply and understand statistics in every class imaginable!
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Xuelei (Sherry) Ni
- Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society (KSU SAACS)
- Our purpose is to provide our members with information, volunteer opportunities, and job search resources that will help amplify their professional networks in the world of chemistry.
- Campus Advisor: Dr. Gregory Gabriel
Page last updated: August 13, 2014
KSU Student Organizations »
KSU Student Life »
*Interested in FREE advertisement for your registered student organization? KSU registered student groups and KSU offices, departments or centers are eligible for one free Sentinel advertisement in the fall and spring semesters (2 per year). Find out more information: LINK »