Search KSU Website
» August 1, 2014
• (August 1, 2014) NSF Grant Awarded - Scholarships Available
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
August 18, 2014
, 12:00PM (Noon)
The College of Science and Mathematics was just awarded an NSF grant to:
(1) to improve the efforts to recruit more high school students into STEM disciplines at KSU;
(2) to increase participation, retention and completion of an undergraduate degree in one of the STEM disciplines by academically talented, but financially needy students
(3) to provide opportunities to attract more academically talented, underrepresented (minority and women) or first-generation students;
(4) to increase the number of students enrolling in STEM graduate programs and to help students enter workplace after graduation;
(5) to broaden the student academic experience through participation in STEM related cohorts, mentoring and research activities, internships and conference presentations.
The NSF award will fund approximately 128 scholarships for 50 CSM students over 5 years (scholarship amount being up to $4,000 yearly depending on student's financial need). The disciplines areas to be served are Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science and Mathematics.
To be eligible to participate in the NSF scholarship program, students must:
(1) Be U.S. citizens, nationals, aliens admitted as refugees, permanent resident aliens;
(2) Be enrolled full time in a baccalaureate or graduate degree program in one of the STEM disciplines as shown in the departmental records;
(3) Demonstrate academic potential via a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale;
(4) Demonstrate financial need as defined by the U.S. Department of Education (by Cost of Attendance minus Estimated Family Contribution).
Students will be selected based on financial need and academic merit (proved by means of AP courses, science and math courses taken, grades, extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation(s), educational and career goals, professionalism, motivation, and communication skills as seen from the students' applications).
The application process for the academic year 2014-2015 is
; the deadline for submitting applications is August 18, 2014, 12:00PM (Noon).
For more information on the application process, visit
Please take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity!
Link to website for more information »
News at KSU »
Page last updated: December 18, 2014
Chemistry & Biochemistry
Ecology, Evolution & Organismal Biology
Molecular & Cellular Biology
Statistics & Analytical Sciences
CSM Advising Center
Birla Carbon Scholars
Resources - Faculty & Staff
Resources - Students
Governance & Policy
Alumni & Friends
Faculty & Staff
College of Science and Mathematics
Kennesaw State University
About This Site
Copyright © 2014